Friday 28 March 2014

Slip , slop and slide!

Unusual title I know but kind of captures what's been happening over the last six months or so. Its been a long gap and of course I think I have eluded to my difficulty with consistency before. however, all is not lost and I have found my initial training in mindfulness very helpful. Since last I wrote I have been for a job interview (2nd place alas), and yesterday I sat in the car in the M6 for three hours going nowhere but watching my poor car get a bit low on fuel and also rather hot.
it was interesting to note how my anxiety levels were slowly rising as I considered all manner of potential outcomes and yet settled after some very brisk "noticing" to just be there and wait.
So a clear indication for me that mindfulness has everyday utility and also effective.
I will post more shortly about some more ideas (honest)

No comments:

Post a Comment