Monday 12 May 2014

I need help!!

So mindfulness has proved a really useful adjunct to my daily life and indeed at times has really helped with the demands of work and life itself. Yet, its been a struggle at times to realise its benefits when I am not the most consistent of people. I have found breathing spaces absolutely invaluable and cues in my day like waiting for Tubes and green men (at traffic lights, not from space!) to show to allow me to cross the road have been really good to assist the "cracks" in the day to stop and pause.
I have decided now that its time to undergo a formal training course and I intend to start in a few weeks time a 8 week course here in sunny Bridgend.
I will be posting the process and am really keen to see how it will boost my practice and enable me to find the integration I need.
Due to a variety of factors I started my day today with a Breathing Space and it took me 30 minutes to find the peace to consistently note my breathing. I think that shows how I need to practice more and how everyday life and mental "chatter" can be so intrusive and toxic to what we need.
So a possible new direction and further being explored , so more to write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment