Tuesday 4 June 2013

Mindfulness, getting ready

This course of learning over 8 weeks starts with a taster (literally) event to prepare you for the future work. It all starts with a meditation exercise requiring chocolate. Now its not something I really ever buy so last night at Paddington following a long day I quickly purchased a bar . I settled into my seat on the 20:15 to Swansea and read some more of the Mindfulness book.
Now I am no stranger to commuter etiquette but I did feel a bit strange sniffing and admiring the chocolate before I ate it!
Fortunately I was ( I hope ) discreet and undertook the exercise.
All I will say is that the process of noticing the various flavours as it dissolved on my tongue made this the most enjoyable chocolate bar I have ever eaten.
I think I learnt the process of being in the moment and savouring an experience rather than rushing onto the next event or idea or even task allowing myself to truly engage with the experience.
I look forward to going forward and savouring not just a raisin (all will become clear) but also anticipating an ability to notice rather than engage (especially with those pesky intrusive thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment